Teacher Training in Houston
Offers hands-on pre-service experience
So you can observe and practice with a teacher in the classroom, who is effective and experienced. Many principals prefer teachers with experience under their belts.
Prepares you to meet the diverse academic, social, and emotional needs of students
Because Houston's students are the most ethnically diverse in the country, there is a huge opportunity for teachers of all backgrounds to make an impact in multicultural classrooms.
Provides an experienced mentor/coach
So you can receive meaningful feedback during your training.
Shows commitment to continuous improvement
By analyzing data and forming strategic partnerships, program features can be improved for the benefit of its students.
Additional questions to ask:
• How much does the program cost? What financial aid and scholarship opportunities exist?
• How long is the program? Is there a part-time option?
• Where do program alumni end up teaching? Which cities and districts?
• Will I receive support, coaching, feedback or contact after I finish the program?
Want help finding the right program for you?
Talk to one of our advisors. They’ll give you 1-on-1 support for choosing a program, and answer any questions you have about how to become a teacher.
Create an Account
Sign up for your free, all-access pass to TEACH products and services.
- Create a career roadmap.
- Get 1-on-1 expert advice.
- Follow how-to guides for getting certified.
- Access prep program application checklists.
- Claim fee reimbursements towards application and testing expenses.
We’re always working on something new to help the next generation of great teachers. With an account, you get first dibs!
Enter your email to get the updates that matter.
- Career insights.
- Teacher spotlights.
- Think pieces on the state of education.
- Deadline reminders.
You can always customize what and when you hear from us.