New $1,000 Future Teacher Scholarship
During the COVID-19 crisis and beyond, we’re dedicated to helping you find and afford a teacher prep program. Don’t let finances stop you! If you missed our new $1,000 COVID scholarship, don’t worry. You can apply for our summer TEACH scholarship until August 31. See step-by-step details below.
How to Apply
- If you have not applied to a program yet
- Sign up for a TEACH for Houston account.
- Submit an application to one of our partner educator preparation programs.
- After applying to an educator preparation program, return to the form above and re-submit it with proof of your application by August 31.
Once all of these steps are complete, you'll be entered to win a $1,000 scholarship to help cover the cost of your tuition.
- If you have already applied to a program
Keep in Mind
- Completing these steps does not guarantee that you will win the scholarship, as all eligible submissions will be entered into a random drawing.
- You must be admitted to and enroll in a partner educator preparation program to receive the scholarship funds.
Apply for a Scholarship
Your path to becoming a teacher should be full of opportunities. Why not enter to win our $1,000 scholarship to add one more? Review the directions above if you have questions, then hit Apply below to get started.
TEACH Scholarship FAQs
- How does the $1000 TEACH scholarship work?
The $1000 TEACH scholarship is an award for future teachers like you! Simply 1) sign up for a free TEACH account and then 2) apply to a partner Educator Preparation Program (EPP) to be eligible for the scholarship. All eligible submissions will be entered into a random drawing.
You must be admitted to and enroll in a partner EPP to receive the scholarship funds.
- How many scholarships are awarded?
TEACH awards two (2) scholarships per year per partner region. We typically conduct one drawing each summer (in August) and one drawing in the winter (January).
Applying multiple times does not increase your chances of winning, and any duplicate entries for future deadlines will be considered ineligible. Please only submit one application.
- Is this the same as the federal TEACH grant?
No. The TEACH Grant Program is a federal program that provides grants of up to $4,000 a year to students who 1) are completing or plan to complete coursework needed to begin a career in teaching and who 2) teach in a high-need field in a low-income area.
- When should I apply to the scholarship?
- Is there a GPA requirement?
No. However, your EPP may have its own GPA requirements for admission into their program.
- What type of document should I provide as proof?
You should provide a document that includes proof of your application to one of our educator preparation programs. The document should be a copy of an official document or email from the institution, including the date received, and should be provided as a PDF, screenshot or image file.
- What if I can’t get the form to work?
- What can I use the money for?
The $1000 can be used toward tuition or other program-related expenses at a partner EPP. The funds can be sent directly to the EPP, or they can be paid directly to you so they can be used for other teacher preparation expenses like books, laptops, transportation, etc...
- When will I hear back?
If your name is chosen, you can expect to hear back from us 1-2 weeks after the scholarship deadline. Because we receive a large number of applications, we do not reach out to scholarship applicants that are deemed ineligible or whose names were not drawn.
- When can I use my scholarship? When and how will the money be disbursed?
If you’re selected,your scholarship funds will be awarded within 1-2 weeks after you’ve provided us with all of the required documentation, including proof you’ve enrolled in the EPP and payment related instructions. Payments can be issued directly to your EPP or to you through PayPal.
- Is this scholarship renewable?
The scholarship is a non-renewable, one-time award.
- Can I use it with my regular Financial Aid or other awards?
- Are there any other scholarships I can apply for?
Enter your email to get the updates that matter.
- Career insights.
- Teacher spotlights.
- Think pieces on the state of education.
- Deadline reminders.
You can always customize what and when you hear from us.