How should I prepare?
Choose a call location with low background noise or that’s very quiet. If it’s a video call, try to take your call in a location with good lighting and without background distractions.
When you sign up, you’ll complete a short survey to help prepare your advisor for your conversation, but it’s a good idea to think through a list of questions beforehand. We recommend that you check out our suggestions for questions below:
- What is one thing you didn’t expect before teaching?
- What is the most rewarding part of teaching?
- How do I decide on what grade level and subject to teach?
- What questions should I be asking myself when choosing an educator preparation program?
- Do you have advice for funding my preparation?
- Will my personality fit for teaching